Tastes delicious, is good for you and easy to prepare: A bowl of good soup makes you feel warm and comfy, especially in winter. Here is one of our favourite soup recipes, convincing even people who normally don’t like soup. Enjoy!
Creamy potato-spinach-soup with croutons
Preparation time: 30 min
cooking time ca.: 30 min
difficulty level: easy
Ingredients for 4 servings:
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 500 g floury potatoe
- 200 g fresh leaf spinach
- 2 tbs. oil
- 900 ml vegetable stock
- salt, pepper
- 3 tbs Crème fraîche
- nutmeg, fresh ground
- 2 pieces white bread, 2 tsp butter
- Peel the onion and the garlic and chop finely. Peel the potatoes, wash them and cut into small cubes. Wash the spinach, sort out and dry well.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan and lightly fry onion and garlic. Add the potatoes, fry for a moment and deglaze with bouillon.
- Add salt, pepper and let simmer at medium heat for approx. 20 minutes. Add spinach, let simmer for another 2-3 minutes and puree the soup. Stir in crème fraiche and add nutmeg to taste.
- Cut the bread into bite-sized pieces and fry golden in melted butter. Drip dry on kitchen paper, fill soup into bowls and serve garnished with croutons